Andrew Raynor T/A A R Website Design ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We NEVER sell any data to third parties and never will.
All devices our emails are accessed on have anti-virus software and are password protected. This means we are protecting your data as much as possible at every step of its usage. All mailing lists only consist of people who have asked to be on them through our Mailchimp sign up forms. Anyone on a mailing list can un-subscribe at any point and no further data will be stored.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Andrew Raynor of A R Website Design, Room 30, Rheola House, Belle Vue Centre, Belle Vue Road, Cinderford, Glos. GL14 2AB.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.arwebsitedesign.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, social media, in person or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our mailing lists, use contact forms, enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and details. • Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: • technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; • information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. • Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. [In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including PayPal, Google Analytics, Heart Internet Analytics, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. Payment details - We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. You can find information about the payment services providers’ privacy policies and practices on their websites.
If you have chosen to join one of our mailing lists by using a sign up form on the website or requested the link via email, we use a third party company called Mailchimp to deliver those emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks to improve our emails. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our email or by emailing our data protection officer Andrew Raynor at email@example.com Please confirm which mailing list you would like to be removed from if you have signed up to multiple.
When signing up to a mailing list, we ask for your name, business name and email address. We do this so we can see that we are talking to the correct person. As we have multiple mailing lists, you will have joined a particular mailing list and all mailing lists have full details of why you would be wanting to join, what you can expect and why on the sign up form which you can read before completing. We do not pass any data on to any other companies.
Through stands/exhibitions/networking events
When entering competitions on our stands, on paper we will ask for your name and phone number and where applicable, business name and email address. We ask for this data to be able to contact winners. If you are a winner, you may be asked for your postal address so we can send you your prize. Once all winners have been notified and prizes delivered, we destroy all relevant data and store a copy of the competition and the winners initials.
When you attend a training course with A R Website Design, any data created before, during and after is stored on our computer. For any data that is in paper format, this is filed and stored in a locked filing cabinet in our locked and secured office. If you want more information, please email Andrew Raynor on firstname.lastname@example.org before attending.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased/used or enquired about;
• to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a new or existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please inform our data controller Andrew Raynor on email@example.com.
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you. · Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience]. · Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. · If A R Website Design or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. · If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use found on www.arwebsitedesign.co.uk and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of A R Website Design, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For ease of use and back up purposes, we use cloud based software including One Drive, Google Drive & Dropbox You can find their privacy policies on
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site does contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority. Should this occur, we will notify them within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible. If the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms, we will also inform those individuals without undue delay. We will be required to keep a record of any personal data breaches, regardless of whether we are required to notify.
This website is owned and operated by Andrew Raynor T/A A R Website Design. Our registered office is Room 30, Rheola House, Belle Vue Centre, Belle Vue Road, Cinderford, Glos. GL14 2AB. You can contact us: (a) by post, to the postal address given above; (b) using our website contact form (c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website (d) by email, using the email address email@example.com.
Our Data protection officers” contact details are: Andrew Raynor.